Monday, January 3, 2011

Hogmany

My sleeping schedule is getting nice and out of whack.  I am going to bed later and later, which of course means I'm waking up later and later.  The dogs have actually bought on to the new schedule and are letting me sleep.  Unbelievable.  I wake up at 7am during the term and we are consistently past 9am these days.  Sometimes, I will even take them out and go back to bed. I ended up finally getting my sorry self moving around 11 today! Now, to be fair, I've been staying up quite late...1,2..3am sometimes.  I need to make an effort to get back on track asap. So, I will go to bed at 1am and get up at 9am tomorrow and not go back to sleep. Then tomorrow night, I need to be in bed by midnight and up by 830am.  It IS still my break, so I do not see any need to stress myself by getting up at 7am between now and the new term, but I will start going to bed at a decent hour.

Hogmany, or New Year's Eve, is a ginormous celebration here.  Of which, I took no part.  I was in South Beach FL last year for the big party and had zero chance of topping that wonderful experience, so I decided to stay in.  They did fireworks, of course, but I had no idea they would basically be in my front yard.  They did some at the castle and apparently more down at my park, The Meadows. I heard them going off and looked out my flat to see amazing stuff.  I took a picture to show how close they were.  If I had thought more of it, I would have turned my lights off, as there is a glare...but, you get the idea.


The streets were full of people that night.  There was also a big celebration in city centre.  They do a procession of torches the night before, which looks incredible.


And, here is what it looks like from above:


Finally, a picture of the fireworks at the castle:


2011 it is.  Officially.  Hoping this year brings us all good health and happiness.

I have now officially hit the wall and am calling it a night. Tomorrow is Monday and my goal is to finish up all of my projects for school that are due this month and need the finishing touches put on them.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment