Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What is that I Smell??

Perhaps it is my retinas burning, for the sun actually came out for a bit today!  Un-friggin-believable.  It has been soooo dreary and nasty I was ready to start poking my eyes out with some scissors or something.  Good thing I didn't, or I would not have been able to see its brilliance!  It didn't visit for too terribly long, but I woke up to it so I was immediately in a great mood.  I also got to take the Bingos for a 30 minute walk in the park today....it was fantastic.

Another thing that made me happy was I got to go somewhere today!  Another vet student picked me up and we took her bird to Dick Vet for it's check up.  Besides the bird taking a massive crap on my jeans leg (I was given the job to hold her for all of 30 seconds), it was a good day.  There was a 5th year vet student doing EMS who took the bird's history.  The vet finally came in and was lovely.  I loved how he quizzed the 5th year on a lot of different things from behaviour matters to nutrition for the bird.  Then, my friend decided to get her micro-chipped and after asking and pleading a bit, he agreed to let us watch the procedure, but only after she was anaesthetized.  The bird is a young Senegal parrot and therefore not too big.  He felt more comfortable putting her under since the needle is rather large and the microchip goes into the pectoral muscle, unlike a dog where it just gets inserted in the scruff of the neck.  It was very cool indeed.

On the way home, we stopped by the pet store and I bought the Bingo Boyz some bones and a squeeky toy for Mugsy.  He is still squeaking away on that thing and it's about to get put away for the night especially since he is now intentionally putting it places he cannot get it out of and I have to go 'rescue' it after he starts whining..ahhhh. At least I'm able to keep them amused lately.

I suppose I should crack open a book now.  I'm feeling like such a slacker, but really did need a few days of nothingness.  It's time to get serious about some studying while I have all of this time off and nothing to do.

Over-N-Out for now

No comments:

Post a Comment