Wednesday, March 2, 2011

London, Baby!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, it's been rather hectic.  My dad came to Edinburgh on February 20th and then we left for London yesterday, March 1st.  Travelling with much luggage and the bingos, made for a long day.  We stopped in York on the train to stretch our legs and get some eats.  Then, it was on to London. We got stopped on the tracks for a problem ahead and I was concerned it was going to be an hours-on-end ordeal, but fortunately it was not.

We all made it intact, just hungry and tired.  We are staying at a flat owned by my old neighbor in Hilton Head.  He is from London, but spends most of his time in the US now.  His flat is in a prime location, about a block from the Tower Bridge.  We are going to head out to do some sightseeing today. Not sure what the day has to offer, but a trip to the bridge, tower and a view of the Thames River is a must.

Also hoping to meet up with my high school friend for lunch either Thursday or Friday.  I did get to see her in Edinburgh when she and her mom were passing through a few months ago.  She's been living in London for a couple of years now.

Tonight, we shall have dinner with the owner of the flat's very dear friend from here.  She met us and gave us the keys last night.  Oh, that reminds me, I need to write about the cab driver.  But, that will have to wait, as I need to go get ready for the day.

Over-N-Out

1 comment:

  1. You have to post more, once you have a chance to breathe. It's very hard to live vicariously through you with so few posts. Busy here, My cast is off but my hand isn't functioning like I wish it would. I go for therapy 3x a week. Joe is doing well. The school that we started for our kids is really working out. Rich is as busy as can be, on top of everything else he is so busy fundraising to keep the school going. Cinderella is wonderful. One of the best things that I ever did was drive to the NSPCA that day. She's still really skittish but such a little sweetie.

    I hope the Bingos are handling all this traveling. Enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete