Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Survived....Barely

That was a tough Thanksgiving away from home...I ain't gonna lie.  I think part of the problem was that I lived closer to all of my family last year than I had been in the previous 13.  I thought by doing that, it would 'tide me over' for 5 years.  Ok, not really, but I thought it would help, not hurt for situations like holidays.  Wrong-O. It's amazing that at the ripe old age of 39, I can still be so wrong about so many things. So, yes, I was not happy yesterday. But, yesterday is over and I woke up in a fairly good mood.  I had a good morning of lectures ahead and a dissection to end the day. Plus, it IS Friday!!

And now for the massive surprise....it has SNOWED!!!  What?!?  I don't even follow the weather here for several reasons.  1. They do the whole UK together and I don't know where they are talking about anyways, 2. They are usually wrong and 3. The weather changes every 10 minutes, so it doesn't matter.

Now, I love, love, love snow. To look at.  Not a fan of trudging around in it and certainly cannot stand it when it turns slushy and gets everything wet and dirty (oh wait, I'm already used to that).  However, when it is floating down like tufts of cotton, then I love it. It's just so......romantic.  And magical.

So, imagine my surprise when I tossed my boys in the back garden to find this:


Wow!  How pretty.  I think we are supposed to get more tomorrow, so more pictures may follow.  Speaking of tomorrow, I am very excited.  A classmate is having a bunch of us first year US students over to celebrate Thanksgiving. She is cooking two turkeys and I am thrilled.  I am very much looking forward to some great eats, giving thanks for all that is a blessing, great eats, socializing a bit, great eats and maybe watching some more snow fall.

I have just hit the wall and am calling it a night.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment