Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is This How It's Supposed to Be?

Sorry, but I can't help feeling sorry for myself right now.  It was bound to happen around the holidays.  Even though if feels nowhere remotely like Thanksgiving Eve, I'm sad.  I mean, I really do not even realize tomorrow is Turkey Day.  There are no circulars in the paper for sales on turkeys, cranberries or pumpkin pies.  There is no talk in the office of plans to travel/stay home/cook/bake pies/clean homes/put up guests.  There are no plans to drive for hours to the relative's house hosting all of us this year. Nope, there is none of that.  And, it makes me sad.

I guess it's best that there is no big fanfare and celebration here.  It would just make it worse.  I do not have a four day weekend to really think about all that I'm missing.  No, instead I'll be in lecture all morning, followed by a neurotransmission tutorial and then headed to the farm for some good ole' cattle handling again.  It's just as well that it will be my busiest day of the week.  And, I suppose it's just as well that I won't be gorging on turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, sweet potato pie, cornbread and all of the sinful desserts.  A few bottles of wine will be drank, buckets of ice cold beer will be consumed and cards will be played into the wee hours of the morning. And, I'll miss it all.  

Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends. I wish I were there to see you all and join in the merriment. Just know that I love you and am thinkin of ya!

Gobble Gobble and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment