Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Overpriced Paper Shredder

It was bound to happen.  It's my fault. It's been raining and overcast for three days and therefore, I have not been able to tire their little behinds out.  They had a little too much penned-up energy and the party began probably within 5 minutes of my departure. I have my couch backed up to my desk so that the little BBs (Bingo Boyz) can get on my desk anytime their little hearts desire.  I now have a permanent bed on the desk at the insistence of Mugsy. So yes, I have ok'd it for them to spend some time on my desk.

Therefore, it's not a surprise that when I left my flat yesterday and for a fleeting moment wondered if I should leave the small package of tissues on my desk, that I knew I'd get burned. When I returned, I felt like I had walked into a confetti storm.  All I could do was laugh and I knew EXACTLY who was to blame.  It may have been a short party of two, but there was one who had the idea and then convinced his brother to join (and that is still questionable).  He's been a shredder since day 1.  I used to find all kind of paper products underneath my bed.  I couldn't really tell what they were because he shreds to the specifications only a massive commercial shredder could....pin size.

I took a picture of both boys next to part of the damage.  Note: neither one looks too remorseful, do they?


My floor is white (don't ask), so it's doesn't look as bad as it was.  I didn't take a picture of the rest on the black carpet.  Nice contrast.  Who do you think is guilty?  Harley (on left), the perfect gentleman? Or Mugsy, the class clown?

Well, it only took a few minutes of me sitting down at my desk for the guilty one to bring me his work......


Yep, there was no doubt this was the guilty party.  Like a kid who just ate a box of doughnuts and has powdered sugar around their mouth:



Part of the problem is that the weather was terrible for 3 days (imagine that) and they were bored.  The sun came out today, but it's supposed to snow this week....yipes.

Ok, time to go to bed.  It's late, but for the first time we do not have a 9am lecture so I worked late and will sleep an extra hour tomorrow.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment