Friday, September 10, 2010

Hello All!

Hello from Edinburgh! It is time to start this blog, of which I have zero clue as to what I am doing, so please bear with me. This truly is a place for me to update family and friends all at once about my adventures in veterinary school, as well as this beautiful city called Edinburgh. In time, I will make the site 'prettier', but for now it's just going to have to do!

My dad and I sailed over on the Queen Mary 2. We departed Manhattan, NY on August 8 and arrived in Southampton, UK on the 14th. We made the long drive up to Edinburgh and he helped me move into a temporary flat and then into my permanent flat for the next year. I absolutely love it! I brought the two Bingo's with me (Harley and Mugsy) and they are finally settling in.

We have seen a bit of the city, but did not get too much time to do touristy stuff since we were dealing with my banking, schooling, flat issues and moving in general. Michael left yesterday to go back to the US and it's been very quiet around here. I guess I better get used to it. We had a great visit and I miss him already.

I needed to start somewhere, so the first post is in the books. Pictures and updates are to follow. I start orientation this upcoming Monday and classes next Monday. Being out of school for the last 15 years has me a bit nervous about the complete culure shock I am going to experience, but I am so excited for this journey to begin.

1 comment: