Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shopping Again!

I am really ready for my shopping sprees to be over. As most of you know, I have very little patience for this necessary evil and it's even more problematic without a car. It's an absolutely gorgeous day today (apparently the rain is coming tomorrow), so it was fine to be outside. I hit the jackpot at the all-too-familiar TK Maxx. Notice, that is a TK and not TJ. Looks the same inside though. I returned a jacket I had bought (found it in a lovely dark green rather than black), found my bathroom towels (finally!), bought another feather pillow, trashcan for my bedroom, black peppercorns, a chili/pepper/salt grinder (spices are SO inexpensive here), bathrobe (huge bay windows on street makes this a necessity), four, yes four, pairs of shoes (waterproof and work boots included)and another rug to put in my kitchen/dining room area. Lugging all of this on the bus and then 3 blocks was not the fun part of the trip.

I'm back at my flat and absolutely loving it. The sun comes in the bay windows in the afternoon, which really lights up this room. Now all I have to do is pray for more sunny days than not.

I bought an all day bus ticket for 3 quid, so I suppose I should take advantage of it and go out tonite. I'm going to travel to City Centre, go to a department store to track down the all elusive duvet cover and linens and then treat myself to dinner and a glass of vino at one of the many tasty restaurants available.

Off to feed the pooches and take them for a lengthy walk in the park before the rains come.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment