Monday, October 4, 2010

It's a Gorgeous Day!

I am not sure that it gets any nicer outside in October than today!  It is absolutely gorgeous with tons of sunshine.  Lectures ended at 11 and I felt the need to get my weekly dose of Vitamin D, so I came home, took the Bingos for a walk and then gathered my shopping bags and headed downtown to the mall.  Between walking and riding the bus, I feel good.  The sunshine feels sooo good.  The Bingo Boys are also sunshine worshippers and if there is ever just a sliver of sunlight, they seek it out.  The sun comes in my bay windows in the afternoon and hits one of the couches. See if you can find the BB's...Hint: They are both trying to both occupy the same space:


If you looked at the arm rest on the couch, you found 'em.  A close up reveals that is actually two dogs scrunched on the same arm.  Harley Bones wedged his way in there (Maureen, you know what I'm talking about!):


The sun is soooooo bright:



Now that I've finished playing photograher for the day, I will read a bit and then off to a 4pm meeting.  Tonight at 730, we have a speaker back at Summerhall.  I am really looking forward to attending this.  Here is the trailer: 

Have you spent time doing EMS (Extra Mural Studies- a requirement of our program) in America or have been interested in an opportunity to do so?

Are you familiar with the XLVets in the UK, yet want to know more about the
Academy of Rural Vets (ARV) in America?

Do you crave more time working in a large animal/rural practice, but not sure what kind of mentoring you'd get?

Are you curious about what life would be like working in rural America and the diversity of cases you would see?

Join Clinical Club as we welcome Bob Gentry, DVM, MRCVS as he shares with us "The Academy of Rural Vets and Working in rural America"  He promises an evening of information, stories, and maybe a few country tunes thrown in.

He is supposed to be the US version of James Heriot. I think they even serve nibbles and adult beverages.  Drinking age is 18  here, so it seems everything involves alcohol.  Plus, we ARE in Scotland...duh.

All in all, a busy day.  The lectures are starting to stack up and we just got our new set of notes for the upcoming ones.  Lots of physiology and regulation.  I really enjoyed physiology in undergrad, but I recall it being a lot of work and spending quite a bit of time to really understand all of the interactions taking place.  I don't mind though, it is so much fun to be (re)learning again.  I'm trying to soak it all in...and hoping my 'sponge' doesn't get saturated too soon. 

No more sports until Wednesday, which is soccer.  Then again on Thursday.  I got my cleats today, so I'm good to go.  Adidas sells the same model I used in high school and college...unbelievable.  Apparently, we start matches this week, which has me geeked up a bit.

Tomorrow is a busy day with lectures in the morning and a FARM VISIT in the afternoon!  We get to do our first real animal handling and wrestle around some cattle.  Can't wait!

Time to get ready for my meeting.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment