Sunday, October 10, 2010

Productiveness

Another week completed!  Last night (Friday), we celebrated a classmate's birthday.  I'm in the process of uploading the photos, so I'll post those soon.  Needless to say, it was great fun.

As far as classes are concerned, the lecture material was really starting to pile up even though I was trying to stay on top of everything.  I finally buckled down today and felt like I got a ton accomplished. I did something related to my classes for about 6 hours total. I have more to do, but tomorrow is another day.  I have felt a bit run down since this morning and have a sore throat?!?  Please, please do not let me get sick again. It seems like everyone has had something...such tight quarters in our lecture theatre. 

I went back out to Langhill farm last week and learned a ton more about the dairy cows.  We concentrated a lot on their nutrition, looked at their current feed situation (storage, contents, when to feed what and how much), talked more about breeding, calving and care during gestation.  It was fabulous.  I took some pictures, of course.  When we actually start handling the animals (next week), it is my understanding that cameras will no longer be allowed.  This is strictly due to biosecurity issues. I got permission to take pictures during this practical and they came out quite good.

Here are some adorable calves.  One decided my thumb might be a source of food:




This is just to show an incredible T-Shirt :)





I still haven't found Maggie Moo, but I will soon! I just need to remember to take her ear tag number out with me next time. 

I am fading fast and will have to continue some updates tomorrow.  It sounds like there is a huge disco in the streets right now.  I will peek out my bay window in a second to see what is going on, but the music is blaring and I can hear conversations taking place.  It has to be a block party...

Ok, good night.  Till next time.

Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment